Participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (the 'Terms and Conditions'). Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion at www.lenovopromotions.co.uk form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Lenovo Technology Ltd.
- The Promotion will commence on the date set out at https://lenovopromotions.co.uk/ie/en/pages/tradein/qualifying and will end at 11:59pm 30 June 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
- To be eligible to participate in the Promotion you must be a Participant as set out at https://lenovopromotions.co.uk/ie/en/pages/tradein/qualifying.
- Employees or agents of the Promoter, stockists, retailers and resellers are not eligible to enter.
- Participants who purchase an eligible Promotional Product within the Promotional Period from a Lenovo Partner in the Republic of Ireland will be entitled to trade in their existing laptop or desktop PC (“Trade In Device”) to be eligible to receive up to a €300 Trade In reward (“Reward”). For details of the Promotion Products and the associated Rewards, please click Here. Purchases from auction websites (e.g. eBay) or marketplace sales through retail websites (e.g. Amazon Marketplace or Play Trade) are specifically excluded from this Promotion. The Promotion Product must not be sold as part of: (1) a bundle; (ii) another promotion (save for promotions offered directly by the Participating Resellers); or (iii) as part of a mobile phone contract.
- For your existing Trade In Device to qualify for the Reward it must meet the following criteria; manufactured after 1st January 2008, in the case of Laptops, have a diagonal screen size of 12 inches or more and is undamaged (reasonable wear and tear excepted) and working (the “Trade In Criteria). Power cables must be provided with Laptops. Only devices that comply with the Trade In Criteria are a “Trade In Device” for the purposes of this Promotion.
- The Participant must be the legal owner of the Trade-in device.
- Participants can purchase up to 50 Promotion Products and claim up to 50 Rewards during the Promotional Period. There is a maximum of 1 Reward per Trade In Device.
- To claim a Reward, Participants must visit www.lenovopromotions.co.uk, and complete the online claim form and submit a copy of their proof of purchase (the 'Claim').
- Claims must be made within twenty-one 21 days of the date of purchase (the “Claim Period”). For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase on the invoice or receipt counts as day one (1) of the Claim Period. Claims received outside the Claim Period will be marked as invalid and will not be accepted.
- Provided your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email within two (2) days which will include full instructions detailing how to return the Trade In Device to us. We must receive the Trade In Device within fourteen (14) days of the date of the approval notification.
- On approval of your claim, you will receive a pre-paid postage label. Trade-in devices must be packed individually and each sent complete with the barcode(s) you receive in your approval email.
- Deletion of all data and information stored in any Trade In Devices submitted by a Participant and/or other storage media to be traded-in is the Participant’s absolute responsibility. We accept no responsibility for Participants’ data and software or for any loss or damage to that data and software. Upon receipt of a Trade In Device from a Participant all data will be permanently and irretrievably destroyed. Please note we are unable to retrieve any Participant data once a Trade In Device has been received.
- For a device to qualify for the full Reward it must meet the Trade In Criteria. If the device does not meet the Trade In Criteria, you will receive notification of this by e-mail and SMS. We will inform the Participant whether a Claim has been rejected or if the Participant has been offered a revised Reward (depending on the condition of the Trade In Device).
- Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Lenovo cannot accept liability for any applications or computers lost, damaged or destroyed in the post and recommends using an insured postal service. Please note we are unable to accept hand delivery
- If a Participant’s Claim is rejected the Participant shall have seven (7) days to request the return of the device. If no response is received within seven (7) working days the Participant’s Trade In device will automatically be recycled free of charge.
- Provided that the device meets the Trade In Criteria the Participant will receive confirmation of receipt by email and SMS stating that the Claim has been successful and has been validated and that the Reward shall be paid via a bank transfer within twenty-one (21) days. If an email acknowledgement has not been received within 30 days of the Participant posting the device, it is the claimant's responsibility to contact our promotional support team at email@example.com or by telephone on 0165 33903.
- Only invoices and receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase. If a participant fails to provide a valid proof of purchase and/or the Claim is not been submitted correctly, the Participant will be notified via email and SMS and offered the opportunity to provide the required information within seven (7) days. If no response is received, one further email and SMS will be sent requesting the required items. If no response is received within seven (7) days of the second email and SMS, then the Claim shall be marked as invalid and the Participant will no longer be eligible to participate.
- Trade In devices or claims that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged Trade In devices or claims (e.g. which are lost in the post or where online data is not received or is corrupted).
- This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify claims which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of purchase, as well as the identity, age, and other relevant details of a Participant.
- If a Participant returns the Promotion Product after submitting a Claim, the claim will be cancelled and no Reward paid. The Promoter reserves the right to check with the retailer whether a Promotion Product has been returned and, by submitting a claim, the Participant provides consent to the Promoter to do so. The Promoter reserves the right to report suspicious activity or Claims to the police.
- A Claim must be made by the Participant and must not be made through agents or third parties.
- The name and address shown on the proof of purchase must match the Participant's details included on the claim form.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the Participant when entering the Promotion or claiming the Trade In Reward will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter's control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter cannot accept liability for any Participant’s devices lost, damaged or destroyed during shipment and recommends that Participants securely package their device prior to sending. The Promoter is unable to accept hand delivery of devices.
- Participants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other relevant costs or expenses which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as included in this Promotion.
- By participating in this Promotion, you agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, to release and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, awarding, acceptance, receipt, of the Reward. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to death or personal injury caused as a result of Promoter's negligence. The Promotion is governed by English law.